Paragon works with the automotive sector on a regular basis - both with manufacturers and tier 1 suppliers. With clients including Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan, Bentley, Aston Martin and Tesla, we are known for our client centred approach and high quality of prototypes.
- Concept models - producing highly scrutinised models to present a new concept to the public, where the surface finish is critical. Often this calls on us to be innovative with solutions as the designs may not yet have been finalised.
- Testing components - often this involves high volumes of multiple parts. In a recent project for Jaguar for example this included 135 sets (over 5,000 parts) for use in verification prototypes. The demands on the components to perform as per the finished product means that surface textures, colours, mechanical properties etc are all vital and Paragon has significant experience ensuring that these look, feel and perform just like the real thing.
With 5 vacuum casting machines, RIM moulding and CNC machining all on site, Paragon has the capacity to produce parts in high volumes - and in combination with our knowledge about materials and processes, we are able to offer the best service to our automotive customers (often to very tight deadlines!)
Projects we have undertaken often include some or all of the following:
- SLA, SLS or CNC machined components for evaluation
- Lighting assemblies for concepts and show cars
- Interiors for mock-ups including soft touch or overmoulded panels
- Under bonnet components in high temperature materials
- Low volume manufacturing solutions utilising RIM and injection moulding
For further information about some of the projects we have undertaken, please see our case studies here